The Plan - No Cheating......

How We will do It

1. We will begin each day around 7am (planning 10 hour days) and end at 5pm or there about.

2. Each day we will go approximately 30-35 miles. If we are not in the city where our lodging is located, we will stop at 35 miles and drive to our lodging location for the night

3. In the morning we will drive back to our previous days stopping point and begin the days' run.

NOTE: I made errors in the estimated mileage between a couple of resting points (Ithaca & St Louis for example.) I will continue on and thru the stopping point to obtain the estimated mileage for the day; we will drive back for our nightly lodging.

So if you see me in our support vehicle it is because we reached our daily estimated mileage

Gj will not cheat :)

RUNNERS WISHING TO RUN A LEG OR SO WITH ME - CLICK ON "CLICK HERE"

Count Down T Minus ...


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Never Ever Quit!


TO MAKE A DONATION PLEASE CLICK ON LOGO

Fighting Neuroblastoma

Fighting Neuroblastoma
Gj's Cause - My "Band of Parents" Little Buddies

DONATIONS - SUPPORTING THE FIGHT!


Band of Parents------------------Mitch Butler Memorial Fund

Anonymous - $8.00
Mark & Diane Pasik - $100.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Love my "Little Buddies"

Email Grandpa John

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Run: A quick update

Just a quick up date for days 1 & 2 of the Run. I will provide an in-depth report at the end of the journey
Day One Mileage - 29.5 + miles

Highlights -

Met and ran with Megan Gruenberg (I really hope I have the spelling correct as forgive me if it is misspelled) and her family. Thank you so much for the card and present guys. It was really asurprise to have it give to us when we checked into the motel for the night...you sly stinkers I love all of you.

Thanks goes out to Pastor Tucker at the Country Side Wesleyan Church. WE really need your facilities and your offer was greatly appreciated and as was your prayers for us.

Linda - just outside of Petersberg. We are praying for your complete recovery, God Bless you.

Peterburg Road got the best of me..leading to an injury - I am icing the ligament or tendon (whatever it is - it is sore) now... Plus a stone hit my toe and bruised it deeply - pictures follow.
Day 2 Milage - 30 miles

Highlights -
Connie fighting cancer (your husband told me as I ran by) Our prayers are with you
John At Lodi's (I think that is the right name for the food market if not I will correct) Food market, Thank you for allowing us to use your restroom but more importantly THANK YOU FOR THE UNSOLICITED DONATION of $100.00 - GOD BLESS YOU.

There is much more....but I will save that for the official report.
Now for the Pictures
Day 1




































































Day 2 - just a couple as I am tired more later :)























































Good Night and God Bless -
Till later,
Gj

3 comments:

The Gruenberg Family said...

John,
You are amazing to us and we are so honored that we got to be with you as you started this journey...we ran in honor of what you are doing, for the victory Megan had over this disease, for our healthy kids and for all the families that have been affected. We wish we could have run more with you. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU....2 God B the Glory!! Jessica, Joel, Megan, Jacob and Grace Gruenberg

mymomruns said...

Way to go John!!

May the weather stay nice for you and the ice help that tendon and toe!!

Be strong.

Grandpa John said...

Gruenberg's: Let's plan next year- a Relay Run

It was my honor to have you run so many miles with me.(I sure hope you didn't have any residual pain.)

I love each of you.

God Bless - Gj


Mymomruns - Thank you...Ice is on the leg as I type.

I shall not quit till the cure is found

God Bless

Gj