The Plan - No Cheating......

How We will do It

1. We will begin each day around 7am (planning 10 hour days) and end at 5pm or there about.

2. Each day we will go approximately 30-35 miles. If we are not in the city where our lodging is located, we will stop at 35 miles and drive to our lodging location for the night

3. In the morning we will drive back to our previous days stopping point and begin the days' run.

NOTE: I made errors in the estimated mileage between a couple of resting points (Ithaca & St Louis for example.) I will continue on and thru the stopping point to obtain the estimated mileage for the day; we will drive back for our nightly lodging.

So if you see me in our support vehicle it is because we reached our daily estimated mileage

Gj will not cheat :)

RUNNERS WISHING TO RUN A LEG OR SO WITH ME - CLICK ON "CLICK HERE"

Count Down T Minus ...


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Never Ever Quit!


TO MAKE A DONATION PLEASE CLICK ON LOGO

Fighting Neuroblastoma

Fighting Neuroblastoma
Gj's Cause - My "Band of Parents" Little Buddies

DONATIONS - SUPPORTING THE FIGHT!


Band of Parents------------------Mitch Butler Memorial Fund

Anonymous - $8.00
Mark & Diane Pasik - $100.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Love my "Little Buddies"

Email Grandpa John

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Special Thank You; An Additional Thank You; 4 days = 104 Miles = Shin Splints; A New Beginning; Pictures of Day 3 & 4 of the Run

A Special Thank You: Shari, you not only opened up your home to us for the evening (plus a great supper & breakfast) you also touched our hearts. Lydia and I thank you for your generosity and love. We will most definitely keep in touch – God Bless.

An Additional Thank You: Leslie - Your generousity was overwhelming. My wife Lydia and I thank you for buying our supper tonight (Bennigans - Comfort Inn, Mount Pleasant, MI). God Bless you and yours...

4 days = 104 Miles = Shin Splints: Over the course of the first 4 days of the run I ran a total of 104.05 miles, averaging out to 26.01 miles per day, (just about 4 miles short of each days goal) However, the ravages of the last 8 miles of the first day took its toll on my right shin. Although I ran 30 miles on day two, each succeeding day the miles fell sharply: Day 3 = 22.97 miles and Day 4 – 21.54 miles. Shin Splits have set in. To make certain that I fulfill my promise to my Little Buddies, I am now for the balance of day 5 and all of day 6 taking a rest, staying off my feet and icing my lower leg for 15 minutes on and a half an hour off. This leads me to:

A New Beginning: As any warrior knows the war is not always won by staying constantly engaged with in the enemy. At times, winning is the result of employing delaying tactics, retreating and employing a new battle plan. And this is precisely where Ol’ Gj finds himself right now.

Due to the injury mentioned above I lost approximately 50 miles on foot, which to make schedule cannot be regained. So to minimize the risk of a more severe injury and possible failure Gj has reformulated the running plan. That is after the rest period I will begin anew from Mount Pleasant, MI. Each day I will run/walk as many miles as I can from the hours of 8am to 5pm. Should increasing pain be experienced I will stop running, rest and attempt to continue on. If the pain still persists I will call it quits for the day and have Missus Gj drive me to our next scheduled place of lodging. It is not wise to win a battle for the sake of glory, just to loose the war. We will complete the run before us

Since I cannot reach 330 miles running/walking on foot , I will attempt to cover as many miles as I can. So far, 102 miles have been run.

Pictures of Day 3 & 4 of the Run:




































The Result: Icing the Answer












Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell and rose again.-- Unknown.




I SHALL NOT QUIT TILL THE CURE IS FOUND




God bless,



Gj

1 comment:

Carolyn Wing said...

GJ: Keeping you and Lydia in my prayers!!!! Thank you for never giving up!!! Carolyn Wing grandma to Laura Stage IV neuroblastoma carepages.com page name LauraVDB